This article seeks to view Augustine's early work as a form of revelatory rhetoric where the aim is to define and express the nature of the divine.
This aim contrasts with Augustine's post-ordination work where the aim is more deliberative in nature through a language that instructs and moves his audience. While the contexts and rhetorical purposes of these eras are distinct, there is a continuity in terms of Augustine's theology. I argue that it is Augustine's rhetorical context that distinguishes his early and later work through an analysis of De libero arbitrio.
Thank you for your interest in spreading the word on Rhetorica: A Journal of the History of Rhetoric. NOTE: We only request your email address so that the person you are recommending the page to knows that you wanted them to see it, and that it is not junk mail.
We do not capture any email address. Skip to main content. Nathan Wagner. Previous Next. The Fall 7.go
Rethinking Augustine's Early Theology. An Argument for Continuity
The Will 8. Grace Customer Reviews Average Review.
- Now That You Are Born Again For Teens.
- Rethinking Augustine's Early Theology!
- Book reviews.
- HISTORY OF THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH FROM THE APOSTOLIC AGE TO THE REFORMATION, A.D. 64-1517. IN EIGHT VOLUMES. VOLUME III.
See All Customer Reviews. Shop Textbooks. Read an excerpt of this book!
Add to Wishlist. USD Buy Online, Pick up in Store is currently unavailable, but this item may be available for in-store purchase. Sign in to Purchase Instantly.
Drag to reposition
Temporarily Out of Stock Online Please check back later for updated availability. Overview Carol Harrison counters the assumption that Augustine of Hippo's theology underwent a revolutionary transformation around the time he was consecrated Bishop in Average Review. Write a Review.
- Rethinking Augustine's Early Theology : An Argument for Continuity.
- Exposed! Top Secrets in Setting Up and Running a Consultancy.
- Your Health = Your pH: How To Reverse Illness & Gain Vitality.
- Blood, Lust & Spawns (Blood, Lust & Spawns Trilogy Book 1).